European Studies Alliance at the University of Wisconsin- Madison
The European Studies Alliance houses international Centers created through competitive grants. Each Center pursues its own range of intellectual and programmatic activities. The ESA provides a common profile for European Studies at UW-Madison by coordinating the classroom, research, and public affairs undertakings that all four Centers pursue in the same area.
- The Diplomatic Legacy of World War I: A Symposium will take place on April 9th and 10th. The symposium will bring together top professors and European diplomats. For more information, click here.
- In response to the recent attacks in Paris, a "Roundtable discussion on Charlie Hebdo, Satire, and Freedom of Expression" will be held at the Pyle Center on January 30th at 5:30pm. For more information, click here.
- A recording of Hans-Ulrich Klose's talk, "German Foreign Policy Perspectives on Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and the Middle East: Impact on the Transatlantic Partnership" is now available here.
Hans-Ulrich Klose at UW-Madison, November 20, 2014
- Coming up in April 2015 is the conference "Diplomatic Legacy of World War I." More information coming soon.
- Check out the latest scholarship on Gender in the European Union! Videos now available of the Keynote Address and Panel Sessions from the Gender and Generations Conference hosted in March of 2014.
To view photos, click here.
For a detailed program, click here.
For biographies of the participants, click here.